Thursday 21 August 2008

Wow~5 Years !

Happy 5th Anniversary AOL JLand! 

My first entry was May 6, 2005, so I've just been around a little over three years.   I got started because my daughter had a journal and she was always telling me about the great people she was meeting.  Unfortunately, she has since stopped journaling.

But, I'm hooked!   I only wish there were more hours in the day, so I could read more journals than I do now.  Sometimes I find myself on overload when it comes to alerts....but I do my best to eventually catch up.

When I was a teenager I had several Pen Pals from different countries.  I like to consider my JLand friends my "electronic Pen Pals." 

I have met some very dear people since that day a little over 3 years ago.  I've been privileged to be apart of their lives thru the good times and bad...the happy times and sad.  We've celebrated births of grand children, and mourned the deaths of loved ones and friends.   We've banded together when "nasty Nates" have left rotten comments.  And we've welcomed new journalers into our midst.

My hope is that we continue to uphold each other at all times and remember that behind every computer keyboard is a living breathing person.  Mom used to say "think before you speak."  In this day and age we need to remember to "think before we type." 

Happy JLand Anniversary~may there be many, many more !

Linda in beautiful western Washington state http://journals.aol.com/lsfp1960/LindasWorld/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda in Washington State!  I am so glad I have gotten to know you through journals.  

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda you are one of the nicest journalers that I have met in J-land and I am very glad to have met you....be well, Sandi

Anonymous said...

I never thougtht of the pen pal connection, but it is apt.   But uhm (hanging head) I still don't always think before I speak....
                                             ~Mary