Thursday 21 August 2008

Happy Anniversary

Five years in J-land went by
ever so fast
Meeting new people, reading their
lives, making friends that last
 
Feeling so much empathy for
friends that we have not met
Sort of stops the theory of
a stone cold net
 
Imagine a place where your feelings
do matter and count
Somewhere that you can let it
 all spill out
 
Never before have ordinary people
been able to express themselves
to such a degree
It's simply a wonderful place for
you and me
 
I think back to the beginning for me,
July 7th, 2004, never knew how much
I would be touched
Finding myself laughing, giggling like a
school girl so much
 
Friendships came and grew,learned to
love people that I hadn't met.
Two of the dearest Lahoma & Kim tore
at my heartstrings and still do yet.
 
No one can tell me that this is a cold
 unfeeling place
May J-land continue to thrive and
grow with majestic grace....
 
Sandi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely poem Sandi. Thank you for posting.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Very nicely said, Sandi

Vish

Anonymous said...

Well said, Sandi!  My wish for J-land is the same as yours.

Dirk

Anonymous said...

Nice entry, Sandi,

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink