Thursday 21 August 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary J land

As you can see Below is the link & date of my First entry.

First post

Tuesday, July 29, 2003
8:57:00 PM EDT
Feeling Hopeful
Hearing IN my head one thing out of my head another LOL

 

 

 

Yes today is the anniversary date but there were some of us who signed on as testers and gave ideas as to what we liked and how it worked and the ease of use. My grandmother was dying and you will see that by Aug. 31 she had died. I made only a few entries that I kept up and posted for all to see. It wasnt long till the ease of use encouraged the posting of pictures. Took me a while to take off and make my entries more personal and interesting. It has been like stepping into someones livingroom from afar. I was #6 to start a journal here in J land due to being a tester. It sure has come a long way here with music and videos becoming part of the entries. I have seen friends come and go and I still miss many. Some thier lives changed so much they had to leave and did not have time with lifes obligations. There have also been many new friends who have come on the scene and I am grateful for those old and new.

We can share our laughter and our pain here and find comfort when we need it. In a flash there are people who come running when you need them and its an honor to be able to run to them also. Sometimes there have been gift exchanges or card swaps. Its so neat to get a card from a place you have not been or go on vacation to  a place you havent been via some one who shares thier life and photos here and even share various faiths. There are stories here that allow you to see that we are all created differently yet alike in many ways. I cant wait to see what the next 5, 10 15 or more years brings to this community. This has opened up a whole new world for many of us. Its been intersting to see that some call an item for instance ..... what  I call Pop Some would call Soda or Coke. Different areas have different terms and even ways of cooking. Its nice to share those recipes here also.

Im so glad I came here and have gotten to know each one of you and look forward to all the new additions both personal and fun things that will come our way via this wonderful community. With that said here is a song & lyrics below of a song and my wish for each one of you.

 

Lyrics to the song:

May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when its time to go home
May you always have plenty
Your glass never empty
And know in your belly
You're never alone

May your tears come from laughing
You find friends worth having
With every year passing
They mean more than gold
May you win but stay humble
Smile more than grumble
And know when you stumble
You're never alone

Chorus:
Never alone
Never alone
I¹ll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you¹re never alone

Well I have to be honest
As much as I wanted
I’m not gonna promise the cold winds won¹t blow
So when hard times have found you
And your fears surround you
Wrap my love around you
You're never alone

Chorus

May the angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you when its time to go home
And when hard times have found you
And your fear surrounds you
Wrap my love around you
You¹re never alone

Chorus

My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone
www.onlylyrics.com

 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That song is a great way to show tribute to our AOL journals.  It's true, when I'm feeling lonely there is always a friend with a new entry sharing their news.  I wasn't in the orginal journalers and probably started a year later.  Good entry.

Anonymous said...

I can't access your journal, but just wanted to say HAPPY J-land Day!


Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori!  Wow, you were no. 6 to start a blog in jland!  That is something else!  I didn't realize you were there from the beginning!  You have been here and seen so much through the years.  And found friends.  That is great.  Thanks for sharing the beautiful song with us!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori...that was a beautiful entry and the music really fit well. Remember the fun we had doing the many authored novel a few years ago? It was awesome the way that worked too.  Take care, be well, love Sandi

Anonymous said...

When I first began reading this (and clueless who was writing it) I thought, this is Lori! And yes it is! Five years, who would have thought five years could go by so quickly.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were here in Jland too. I've enjoyed getting to know you and seeing your family. That's crazy that you were one of the founding mothers of Jland. lOl.
Loved your entry and music.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful song and so fitting.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Lori, YOU are a TRUE friend. Thank you for EVERYTHING. Thank goodness we met thru AOL journals.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,

You were a tester & the sixth one to start - wow!  Makes ya feel kinda old, don't it? LOL Just kidding!  That's really something in & of itself.

Been awhile since I've heard from you.  I hope all is well with you & your family. Have a blessed weekend!

Dirk

Anonymous said...

Number 6?  Ok, anything we need to know, ask Lori....she's been around forever. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

So does that sort of make you the Mother of J-Land?  We didn't even own a computer in 2003!  lol  

Barbara