Wednesday 13 August 2008

5 Years and So Many Friends and Memories

I started blogging on AOL on Aug 3 2003. It started as a record of my homeownership journey. The start date was the date I closed on my first home.

What started as a journal to keep track of my homeownership issues developed into so much more. I met some fabulous folks that stopped by my journal to say Hi. Some of these folks I am still in touch with and consider them my good friends. J Land is unlike the other blogging sites and I should know. I blog at blogger and wordpress. But, for community and friends J Land is the place to be.

It was a sad day when some of our friends passed away. Blogger and Wordpress might not have noticed. But J Land noticed and J Land cared and J Land will never forget!

J Land is an awesome community and I will continue blogging and making friends in J Land.

Sure we have gripes and complaints about service and restrictions but it's really about the friends and support we all find in J Land.

Happy Anniversary to J Land and a big hug to all my J Land friends

Deb

http://journals.aol.com/dbaumgartner/MakingAHome/ This is the journal that started it all.  Aug 3 2003 I made my very first post!

http://journals.aol.com/dbaumgartner/kitchenchatter/
http://journals.aol.com/dbaumgartner/hippiedreams/
http://journals.aol.com/dbaumgartner/TheCube/
http://journals.aol.com/dbaumgartner/barebones/

ps: As you can see I am all over J Land. Some journals are updated less frequently than others but I do keep up with all of them!

Also, Kitchen Chatter is a community journal for all the foodies out there.  Come visit the kitchen and bring a snack :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you Deb!  Sounds like you are a real J-Land original.  ;o)  =  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb!  Wow, have you been 5 years with AOL blogs?  That's truly amazing!  You have been here since the inception of AOL blogs, then!  Was JLand a vastly different place then?  Speaking of Jland, I wonder who first coined the term "Jland"?  I am assuming it's a shortening of the words "AOL Journal Land"...  If you remember who coined the term, maybe you could let us know.  I came along in May 2004, and don't remember when the term started...  

Okay, Deb, take care.  I am off to come by your main blog and say hello.  Wow, it's been awhile.  But now you have me curious on wanting to see hippiedreams and barebones!  And The Cube.  So many journals, so little time!  Take care,      

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink    

Anonymous said...

THanks guys.  I love J-Land.

Krissy, I don't know how the term got started but it just seems to fit.

deb

Anonymous said...

Great entry, Deb, and thanks for letting me be a part of Kitchen Chatter!

All my best,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Great entry, Deb! Time has a way of going by so fast, doesn't it? It's been a wonderful five years, getting to know all of you. I've enjoyed being in your journal home and sitting at your "journal" kitchen table, swapping recipes and stories just like friends and neighbors do. ;-) The only difference is, I've never laid eyes on any of you, yet, love you all just as if I had.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe either SloMo or Vivi introduced the term, "J-Land" But I'm not 100% positive. ::sigh:: I miss both of those lovely ladies and their journal updates.

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy 5th Birthday J-Land today!  Long may you thrive.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Happy 5th Birthday J-Land today! I have a few going on too! :)

make it a great day!!!!


Sharon