Thursday 21 August 2008

Hello Everyone,

This is an exciting day! I wrote my first Journal Entry on August 28, 2003. That was just one week after the beginning date of the Journals. Today I made Entry Number 1504. I have had over 175,000 hits since I began writing my Journal. It is entitled "Dad's Tomato Garden Journal." Below is a copy of my very first Entry.

Thursday, August 28, 2003
7:58:00 AM EDT
Feeling Happy
Hearing Just myself singing

MY FIRST ENTRY

Good Morning:

Today is my first entry on my  Journal. I feel like I know many of you. I have met you in Dads Tomato Garden. I have two web pages and working on another one It will be ready soon. It is about Roses and Song Birds. I will have links from Dads Tomato Garden to all my other sites.

Its a beautiful day here in East Tenn. At 7:50 the temperature is 73.4  High expected is 90.

I feel like this Journal will be a help to me in the things I am trying to do. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have to make this a better Journal.

Written by white6416r

(The "Dad's Tomato Garden" I mentioned above in my first Entry in my Journal is one of my web pages on AOL.  So I decided to name my Journal, "Dad's Tomato Garden Journal."

Thanks to AOL and each of my very special friends in J-Land. I can't express how much the opportunity of writing a Journal and hearing from people all over the world has meant to me.

Bye-Bye

DAD

(Ray White)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the first journals that I started reading.  I loved the articles on tomatoes and the warm friendly greating 'Dad' gives everyone each morning.

Anonymous said...

Lovely posting.  We are all privileged to be part of this community. I have visited other blog sites and they just do not compare.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your friendship along with Mary's coming through the journals Dad. May we continue to enjoy J-land journals and all our friends. Helen

Anonymous said...

Wow, Dad, you have been here for five years!   You are one of the originals!  I hadn't realized that. You said it all when you said thanks to AOL, and thanks to each of your friends in Jland. That's what Jland is all about, friends!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink        

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to one of our Founding Fathers!!  ;o)  -  Barbara